Saturday, November 6, 2010

You got to start somewhere.....

Hello Readers!

Destiny has graced me with a beautiful boat - a 1976 Westsail 32. And it was given to me by
the owner for a transaction cost of only $100. This is a world cruiser -- the boat from the
movie "A Perfect Storm". Only one problem -- the boat was sunk and sitting on the bottom at the owner's dock.

Wait a minute - let me back up. I'll get around to the refloating and restoration that is underway but for now let me introduce myself.

My name is Jim Engle - I have been sailing nearly all my life. Some of my fondest memories are sailing with my Uncle Edward off of Silver Beach on Virginia's Eastern Shore. As a matter of fact that boat is sitting in my garage, a 1935 sailing sneakbox about 85% restored. My current collection of boats include Entropy II, a 1983 Cape Dory 28 which I keep in Deltaville and cruise up and down the bay.



My son and I built a 10 foot sailing skiff, Scarlet Skiff, and few years ago through a family boat building program held by the Mathews Maritime Foundation.



I'll fill you in on my other boats later but you get the picture, I am a little bit of a boat nut. For now I'll post a few pictures and write more later. I do have many pictures of the Chesapeake Bay and boats so I'll be posting them as time goes by.

Time to call it a night.... I had a long day working on the Westsail 32.... which I will get to soon.

Later,
Sailor Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment